PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://leedsdigitalfestival.org (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else.
- Our site is only for users in the UK.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Our brand guidelines.
- Do not rely on information on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- Payments in connection with festival events (business users only).
- How we may use your personal information.
- Uploading content to our site.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?.
Who we are and how to contact us
https://leedsdigitalfestival.org is a site operated by Leeds Digital Festival Ltd (“We”) to promote Leeds Digital Festival events. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09781584 and have our registered office at 33 Park Place, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2RY.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Those amended terms will be deemed to be the terms that apply to you at the time unless otherwise expressly agreed with you.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs, and our business priorities, as well as the events provided by Event Organisers with whom we are associated from time to time.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must follow our brand guidelines below.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to https://leedsdigitalfestival.org/ (the Website) or any services provided via, or in relation to, the Website. This includes using or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of any kind of “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, automated analytical technique, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the Website or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same. We and the Event Organisers each hereby expressly preserve our rights under Article 4(3) of the Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
Our brand guidelines
- When using our brand logo or brand pack as part of your own events advertisement and promotion, you must comply with our technical requirements and the branding guidebook we publish from time to time on our website (currently available at: https://leedsdigitalfestival.org/wp-content/themes/leeds-digital-festival/assets/documents/BrandGuidelines2022.pdf. Only show the logo in Leeds Digital Festival colours which are Pantone colour [#0321EB, #0C0C33, #FFFFFF, #3DF2BA, #E1FFF9].
- Do not alter, rotate or modify the logo.
- Only use our typeface in uppercase for headers; we use Sofia Pro Bold. Only use our typeface in mixed case for general body text; fwe use Sofia Pro Regular.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user, we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes of your own, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
Payments in connection with festival events (business users only)
If any payment is charged by you in connection with our events which you host, you will pay us 10% of the total payment you receive net of VAT without any deductions, payable within 14 days of any festival event. We reserve the right charge interest of 4% on late payments.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with our content standards as expressly set out in any fair or acceptable use policy we have in force from time to time and always subject to the following additional mandatory requirements:
- content must be accurate and not misleading;
- content must not be unlawful, defamatory of any person; be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, nor promote violence, bullying or harassment or discrimination; and
- content must not infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the above content standards.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
Without prejudice to any legal rights you have which cannot legally be excluded, when you upload or post content to our site, you grant us rights to use that content in connection with our own marketing and other activities undertaken in the interest of promoting and growing the Leeds Digital Festival. By providing content such as feedback or images, unless we expressly agree with you in writing to the contrary, you agree to grant us a perpetual licence, and all rights required, to make that content available to the world via ours or any other website or public forum, without any royalty payment or need to attribute it to you, as long as we do not hold ourselves out incorrectly as the author of that content, for any purpose we deem reasonable as long as that does not cause a personal data breach or other physical harm to you.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?