Leeds City Council Hack for Good event – powered by AWS with support from Ingenuity, Nexus (University of Leeds), dxw, Urban Foresight and the ICO’s Innovation Hub.
This Hackathon calls for thinkers and doers of all backgrounds and skill levels to participate in co-designing ethical and innovative solutions.
Let your ideas know no bounds to help create insights and solutions through better use of data and technology.
We will encourage participants to speak to others on the day to form diverse teams with different skillsets, knowledge and experience. Do however, feel free to get together with colleagues and friends to form groups before the event if you wish.
If you’re already working on an experimental or prototype solution or trialling hardware such as Alexa, Internet of Things or wearables – bring these along to further develop into your team’s submission.
Specifically, we’re keen to address these themes from our soon to be published Digital Strategy:
• Using data to better understand the needs of people and how our services can be targeted to those most in need.
• Introducing new technologies such as wearable devices that supports independent living, clinical service delivery at home, wellness programmes and healthier habits.
• Introducing new technologies to reduce social isolation and loneliness.
• Introducing new technologies that provide the public with a range of personalised preventative interventions.
• Using technology to allow more people to find the services they need, when they need them and allow them to access them through a digital channel and device of their choice.
This session is perfect for academics, data analysts, developers, people accessing services, carers or if you work in the health and care sector; everyone is welcome.
So, regardless of your age, experience or background – even if you’re not sure how a hackathon works – come along to share your thoughts, ideas and skills!
Individuals and groups welcome.
Winning teams will have opportunities to trial their solution with a wider audience, obtain further advice and support to help you to develop your solution further and win team prizes on the day.
08:30 – REGISTRATION
09:00 – Intro and outline from speakers
09:45 – Form teams
10:15 – Teams discuss the challenge / discuss their area of focus / sketch out ideas
12:15 – Short initial pitches and lunch
13:00 – Continue to develop ideas and solutions
16:30 – Final presentations and winners announced
17:30 – CLOSE