LDF Awards Nominations Are Now Open!
We are thrilled to announce the return of the Leeds Digital Festival Awards for 2021.
Hosted in partnership with Amsource and Ward Hadaway, the LDF Awards recognise the wealth of talent within the city, and celebrate all that the Leeds Digital sector has to offer. Our hope is that this year will see the return of the Awards in-person, having been forced (like everything else!) to move online in 2020. Regardless of where and how the Awards take place though, we know that providing a platform for Leeds’ best and brightest to be recognised is always going to be a worthwhile endeavour.
This year’s judging panel will be formed of some firm favourites and a couple of new faces, too. Returning to the panel is Eve Roodhouse – Chief Officer for Economic Development at Leeds City Council, where she’s responsible for delivering the city’s Inclusive Growth Strategy – and award-winning journalist and Deputy Business Editor for the Yorkshire Post, Greg Wright.
New to the judging panel but certainly no stranger to the LDF Awards, after bagging the title of ‘One to Watch’ in 2020, is Rachel Skelton (Software Engineer Team Lead at Covea Insurance). And rounding off the panel is Rashik Parmar MBE, Vice President of Technology (EMEA) at IBM and board member of the Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership.
This year’s awards will invite our panel to recognise achievements across nine different categories, including;
- Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by the University of Leeds – For the business leader who inspires innovation with the drive to make ideas become a reality, driving their team to success. (2020 Winner: Ben Wolfenden, Founder and CEO of Wolfenden)
- One to Watch 2021 sponsored by LITTLE – For the team player with big ambitions who goes above and beyond to do themselves, their team and their company proud. This is an award for a team member up to Manager level, not a CEO. (2020 Winner: Rachel Skelton, Software Engineer Team Lead at Covea Insurance)
- Start-Up of the Year sponsored by AD:VENTURE – This award celebrates the hard work and success of tech and digital start-ups in Leeds and the city region who have shown the best innovations and/or company growth. Nominated companies will be incorporated after 2019. (2020 Winner: Calbot)
- Growth Company of the Year sponsored by Marsh Commercial – The award for the tech business showing the most growth in the last 12 months through their success, driving increases in headcount and / or turnover. (2020 Winner: Solutionize Global)
- Tech4Good sponsored by SCC – The person, organisation or technology that is delivering positive change within communities or the environment and making the world a better place. (2020 Winner: Jamie Hutchinson, Manager at Studio12)
- Best Tech Place to Work sponsored by Crisp – The company doing the most for their employees through training, development and innovative working practices in the tech / digital community. (2020 Winner: AND Digital)
- Diversity and Inclusion Award sponsored by Panintelligence – This award celebrates those individuals, organisations or initiatives pushing the boundaries for diversity & inclusion in the tech community in Leeds. Please outline how you are changing Leeds for the better through inclusion for all in tech, and/or driving the diversity agenda. (2020 Winner: Empowering Women with Tech)
- 2020-2021 Thrive Award sponsored by BJSS – The last 12-18 months have been ‘different’, shall we say. And whilst there have been significant challenges, some businesses have thrived. This award celebrates those businesses who have pivoted, grown their teams, impacted their markets or driven innovation to new heights in their sector during Covid times.
- International Award sponsored by Sedulo – A new award for 2021, this award celebrates the Leeds tech businesses who have achieved significant success outside the UK. This could be launching a product into a new market or building a team in a different time zone, to winning clients on a global scale. Tell us about your international success stories.