Turbocharging growth: Scale up funding, Venture Capital Trusts and making Private Equity work for you
- You have created a product or service which is delivering revenue of at least £0.5m pa and growing
- You understand your route to market and why your customers love you
- You know how you want to develop your product in the future
- You have a core team dedicated to the cause
- You’re past the start-up phase and have a vision to build something much bigger
- Having been supported by friends, family and maybe angels you feel it is time to bring on board a professional investor and turbocharge that growth
Do you continue to grow at the current rate and perhaps miss the market opportunity, or do you look to accelerate by raising growth capital from the venture capital and private equity markets?
In this breakfast panel session we will hear from:
- Gav Winter, CEO Rapidspike, a Website monitoring, security and user analytics platform. Gav is the multi-award winning founder of The Test People, the Leeds based Technical Testing Consultancy, one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK before architecting a merger with a competitor to create Ten10, the UKs largest independent testing consultancy of which he is now a non-executive director.
- Helen Oldham, Northinvest. Helen is a founding board director of Northinvest, the North’s pre-eminent funding network for tech, helping the North achieve its potential in the tech sector. Helen also runs her own successful consultancy designing successful diversity and growth stratergies for corporates and SMEs, and a grwoing coaching practise.
- Hamish Morrison, BHP. Hamish is a Corporate Finance Partner with over 20 years’ experience of advising fast growing companies, particularly where private equity investment may be appropriate. He provides advice throughout a company’s lifecycle; from the raising of development finance through to the ultimate sale of the company
- Ian Waterfield, YFM Equity Partners. Ian has been investing in fast-growing SMEs with YFM in Yorkshire and beyond for over 10 years and currently heads YFM’s investment activity in the North.
The panel will share their experiences of working in and supporting scaling businesses, and cover:
- Is there a right time?
- What professional investors are looking for in scale up opportunities?
- How to prepare your Company?
- Characteristics of scale-up business plans
- Who to speak to and where to look?
- Operational scaling challenges
- Common pitfalls in fundraising
- Is private equity right for you?
And answer your questions on how to take your business to the next level .