Employees, contractors, consultants and directors – all can have a part when it comes to making businesses thrive, but what mix is best?
How should a business engage with the people working for it? What happens if things don’t go to plan?
Join us as we bring together members of Berwins’ in-house employment, corporate and digital teams to give the whole picture and help you to make the informed decisions which can be the difference between success and failure.
– Employment status definitions and rights
– Legal exceptions – including IR35
– Different structures and how they impact business value
– Eligibility for participation in Employee Ownership Trusts or EMI Schemes
– Ownership of Intellectual Property by employees, contractors and brought in by founders and others
– Data protection issues and how they differ dependent on status and business activity
– Options and the impact on business
– The use and enforcement of restrictive covenants